Today is Nate’s Birthday. I wrote a list of things I love about my husband because 1) I really, really love him & 2) I really, really love making lists. ;)
Without further ado, here are…
31 REASONS WHY I LOVE NATE DRIVER
1. He does all of the vacuuming. Yup, all of it.
2. He makes the coffee. A lot.
3. He gives quality back rubs. Frequently!
4. He constantly encourages me and is incredibly supportive of my dreams.
5. His beard. I’m into it.
6. Most of his shirts are of the plaid &/or flannel variety. I like this.
7. He reads good books.
8. He also reads the news everyday. Then I ask him to summarize for me because I’M SMART.
9. He does laundry and washes dishes. Clearly a winner.
10. I’ve never met someone more patient.
11. He leaves me love notes around the house. And writes things like, “A dolla makes me holla, honey boo-boo child” on the grocery list when I’m not looking. (P.S. If you don’t know, you need to).
12. He listens to really smart, awesome podcasts and shares his favorite episodes with me.
13. He loves Jesus.
14. He never runs late.
15. He makes a mean batch of salsa and some dang-good tacos.
16. He makes me laugh every single day.
17. He plays the guitar and lets me sing with him, and tells me that my voice isn’t bad (not true). He’s also sweet.
18. He has seen me ugly cry probably around 5 billion times and has never ran away in fear.
19. He steals my dance moves and then does them way better than I can (don’t tell him I said that).
20. He loves me in this way, and sacrifices for me in more ways than I can count.
21. In college, I asked him what some of his favorite poems were and he wrote down Sylvia Plath’s “April 18th” and passed it to me in a note. Then, I died.
22. He has a freckle on his left eye ball. I find this FASCINATING.
23. My parents LOVE Nate. Sometimes I think more than me. I’m okay with that.
24. He frequently supports my sweet tooth by bringing me cookies and cupcakes. This can also be considered a bad thing.
25. He gets equally as excited as I do to re-watch entire tv show series. Even really bad ones that I won’t name on the internet.
26. He has taught me everything I know about beer. Namely that hefeweizen+lemon=amazing, and I want to wear the way a good IPA smells as a fragrance.
27. One day, maybe, many a year from now & God-willing, maybe, he will be a great dad, definitely.
28. He loves his family.
29. He loves my family.
30. He likes to plan surprises for me.
31. He once sold his guitar to buy me a ring. And not once have I regretted telling him, “Yes.”
Nate Driver, I believe the cheesy phrase is, “If I had a thousand lifetimes, I would marry you in every one of them.” Welp, it’s true. I totally would. Every time.
Happy Birthday, sweets!